Rules For Gunfights
Contributed by Bob Gaut
US Marine Corps Rules for Gunfights
1. Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.
2. Decide to be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.
3. Have a plan.
4. Have a back-up plan, because the first one probably won't work.
5. Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone
6. Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun whose caliber does
not start with a "4."
7. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is
cheap. Life is expensive.
8. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend.
(Lateral & diagonal preferred.)
9. Use cover or concealment as much as possible.
10. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.
11. Always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the
one you lose.
12. In ten years, nobody will remember the caliber, stance,
or tactics. They will remember who lived.
13. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating.
Navy SEALS Rules For Gunfights
1. Look very cool in sunglasses.
2. Kill every living thing within view.
3. Return quickly to looking cool in latest beach wear.
4. Check hair in mirror.
US Army Rangers Rules For Gunfights
1. Walk in 50 miles wearing 75 pound ruck while starving.
2. Locate individuals requiring killing.
3. Request permission via radio from "Higher" to perform killing.
4. Curse bitterly when mission is aborted.
5. Walk out 50 miles wearing a 75 pound ruck while starving.
Army Rules For Gunfights
1. Select a new beret to wear
2. Sew combat patch on right shoulder
3. Change the color of beret you decide to wear
US Air Force Rules For Gunfights
1. Have a cocktail
2. Adjust temperature on air-conditioner
3. See what's on HBO
4. Determine "what is a gunfight"
5. Request more funding from Congress with a "killer" Power Point presentation
6. Wine & dine 'key' Congressmen, invite DoD & defense industry executives
7. Receive funding, set up new command and assemble assets
8. Declare the assets "strategic" and never deploy them operationally
9. Tell the Navy to send the Marines
US Navy Rules For Gunfights
1. Go to Sea
2. Drink Coffee
3. Watch porn
4. Send the Marines
INTERNAL LINKS TO OTHER SECTIONS OF JACK'S JOINT
COAST GUARD STORIES LIBRARY SHELVES THE COMPLETE LIBRARY THE PERMANENT NUMERICAL LISTINGS
COAST GUARD NEWS AND EVENTS OTHER COAST GUARD STUFF COAST GUARD NEWSLETTERS FRONT PAGE
BOOK AND VIDEO REVIEWSLIT LAMPS OF THE WORLD ANCIENT MARINERS AND FORGOTTEN SOLDIERS
For Gunfights - Author Unknown - Contributed by Bob Gaut